Quick, simple, inexpensive, flavorful, unique, and tasty -- these are just some of the things being said about Moroccan Tofu w/ Cinnamon Toasted Couscous. Well...at least these are things being said by my family and friends, but I'm sure they will extend to include a broader audience once the sample size of those who have tried this recipe has increased.
Tender tofu is stir-fried with zucchini, tomatoes, and Moroccan spices, and served over a bed of cinnamon-toasted couscous.
Moroccan Tofu w/ Cinnamon Toasted Couscous1 lb tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into cubes
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, sliced in half moons
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1.5 cups couscous
1.5 cups water
salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan. Add tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 10 12 minutes.
2. Remove tofu from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion to the pan and cook for 7 minutes, until starting to caramelize. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Return tofu to the pan, and add cumin, cardamom, and 1⁄2 tsp of cinnamon. Dry stir fry for a minute or two until the spices are fragrant.
4. Add the tomatoes and zucchini, cover, and cook on medium until the zucchini is tender, about 7 minutes.
5. In the meantime, bring the water to a boil. While the water is coming a boil, in a medium skillet combine couscous, 1 tbsp of oil, and 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon and roast until couscous is toasty.
6. When water boils, remove pot from heat and stir in couscous. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
7. Salt and pepper Moroccan Tofu mixture to taste, and serve over a bed of cinnamon toasted couscous.
Post a Comment