Sneakily delicious dishes that bring all the omnivores to the yard! Look for the cookbook in 2010!

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hurry Up Alfredo



I made Hurry Up Alfredo for dinner tonight, from the new Vegan Yum Yum cookbook. And, I hate to say it…but my faith in the author is shaken. It looked NOTHING like alfredo sauce {it was pink!} and tasted NOTHING like alfredo sauce. I’ll admit that it was yummy, and we did snarf it {the Supertoddler especially!}, but I was really hoping for some good alfredo.

I read the recipe over at least 10 times, trying to figure out what I did wrong. The Ninjahusband finally said to me “Sweetie, unless she knows about some sort of blond soy sauce and white paprika that we don’t know about, there is no way that sauce is going to come out white…” And of course, he’s right.

It was quick, and it was yummy, so definitely make it {the recipe is on her blog at veganyumyum.com} — but don’t expect it to taste or look like alfredo.

2 comments:

  1. Just made this, but coupled the sauce with a bunch of cooked veggies (yellow squash, onions, carrots & mushrooms) to use up some things in the fridge. It passed the test with me, AND Picky Vegan Husband...wohoo! Now we'll see what my sister and brother-in-law think when they come home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm glad you liked it. I didn't know Jared was vegan, that's cool!

    ReplyDelete